Monday, March 31, 2008

Couch surfing

Here's a cool site. If your looking for a place to crash and people to meet, the site hooks you up with people willing to let you stay at their place.

Dangerous? Maybe, but I think we're all a little too afraid of each other. We're warned to not give our names, addresses, pictures, etc. on the internet, but are we all being too paranoid?

Last week I was helping a friend move. It was only myself and two smaller woman, so I volunteered to take the bulk of the load. I seriously hurt my back. I wished there was some sort of service where you can volunteer to help people move, and in return, they'll help you move when you need it.

I guess I long for the community that we used to have, where neighbors helped each other out.

Blame it on the bad apples of society, I guess.

If we could only pick out all the bad apples and give ourselves "fail-safes" we could be closer and more helpful to each other. What I mean by this, is we need a better justice system. One that doesn't allow high-risk offenders out.

No comments: